it's the start of hurricane season.
Hopefully, you have a disaster plan in place for your family. But, what about your pets? Don't leave them behind!
Here is a list of things you can do to plan ahead.
1. Keep your pets up-to-date on vaccinations. Some shelters require this.
2. Have your pets micro-chipped so they will always have identification. Collars come off.
3. Have a pet carrier that will fit your pet at his current size. That crate you used when your Great Dane was
a 15 pound puppy will not do now that he is an 160 pound adult!
4. Keep a current photo of your pet.
5. Figure out now where you will take your pet, be it an animal shelter, friend, or relative located outside of
the danger area, and be sure to add the location into your evacuation route.
6. Make a supply kit that you can grab on your way out the door.
- Identification and copies of vaccine records
- Large supply of food and water
- Leash and collar/harness
- Any medications your pet is currently taking
Become a fan on our Facebook page!