- Take your dog for a long walk or play a long game of fetch in the yard prior to company showing up at your door. They'll be amazed at how well-behaved (tired) he is! ;)
- Don't let guests feed them table scraps, some foods are poisonous and others can upset their digestive tract. The last thing you want is all the family gathered together around...Fido's puke.
- Don't give your dog bones from the turkey or any other meat. These bones are brittle and can chip and get lodged in his throat or scratch up his throat.
- Create a safe haven for your pet. All the noise and new scents and people may just be too much for him to handle. Be sure he has access to a quiet cozy retreat, such as an open crate with a cozy bed in a far away bedroom.
- And last, but not least, give him a proper treat of his own, such as a Kong filled with peanut butter or dog treats. This is especially a good idea when it's time to sit down to dinner. I can just hear your family now...."Wow! How did you ever train Max to not beg! That is so impressive!" ;)